- SHEILA RHODES
Postings By Other AuthorsWWW.DESTINYNAVIGATORS.ORG
Welcome to our official ministry website. Destiny Navigators is a Christian ministry dedicated to helping pastors, churches, church leaders and people navigate their lives towards their Divine Destiny in Christ.
Tag Archives: Your Voice
“I’ve read in the Bible that God spoke to people like Adam and Eve, Noah, Moses, Samuel and the Prophets. Does God still speak to people like that today? And if He does, what does His voice sound like and how will I know if He is speaking to me?”
What Does the Voice of God Sound Like? How Will I Know if God Is Speaking to Me?
Downloading God’s Answer…Discovered In His Word:
God exists in a totally different realm than our human time-space world. God is Spirit, infinite and eternal while we are finite and mortal. Tragically, because of sin, we are further separated from God. Thus it’s impossible for human beings to know God, much less to relate to Him. That’s why He appeared in the Old Testament as wind, fire, clouds and storms. He spoke to people and prophets through visions and angels. The overarching purpose of God when He appeared or spoke was RESTORATION…how He would redeem fallen humankind and restore them back to Himself! But the Greatest Self-Revelation of God was when He became flesh, dwelt among us and redeemed us. That’s who the Lord Jesus Christ was and is! (Heb. 1:1-4)
What Does God’s Voice Really Sound Like?
1. God Is Living and Personal. He is not a personification of a human philosophy. He reveals Himself to each person in a way that relates specifically to them. And language is not a problem for God. When He speaks, His words penetrate beyond our minds and hearts and enter into our spirits (Heb. 4:12).
2. God’s Voice Sounds Like Anointed Preaching and Teaching. God stirs pastors’ hearts with specific messages for His people. Listen carefully, or else you may miss what God is saying to you (Rom.10:13-17).
3. God’s Voice Sounds Like a True Prophetic Word Spoken to You. Prophets speak the heart and mind of God (2 Pet. 1:21). Don’t discount true prophecy…it’s God speaking to you (1 Thess. 5:19-21).
4. God’s Voice Sounds Like Yours When You Read His Word. The Bible is the written self-revelation of God’s kind intentions for you (2 Tim. 3:15-17). If you don’t read it, you’ve shut down God’s voice!
5. At Times, God Speaks Through Life’s Circumstances. Not every good or bad experience is God speaking. But for the Spirit-led believer, He warns, guides and teaches you what’s best (Ps. 37:23-24; Is. 48:17 NIV).
1. First of All…God’s Voice Will NEVER Be In Opposition to the Written Word of God. God does not contradict Himself. Research the Bible and check with your pastor before you take any action.
2. God’s Voice Strengthens, Encourages and Comforts You (1 Cor. 14:3 NIV). When God speaks, He quiets confused minds and brings peace to anxious souls. He restores your life to His purposes (Ps. 23).
3. God’s Voice Stirs Your Heart and Motivates Your Spirit for His Cause! When God speaks, He breathes life into you, electrifies you and empowers you to accomplish His purposes (Ex. 35:21-22; Hag. 1:14).
4. God’s Voice Puts You Back on Track with Him and Your Destiny. At times we all get off our course and slip away from the Lord’s intentions. Like the last words that Jesus spoke to the seven pastors and churches, He will Commend you, Correct you, Counsel you and Challenge you! (Rev. 2-3)
* This posting was written by my husband, Pastor Dan Rhodes.
Copyright © Destiny Navigators 2013 www.DestinyNavigators.org