What an honor it was to speak at The Cove Bible Advance in Conyers, GA recently. I was stirred in my spirit to bring a message about God’s Supernatural Power in people’s lives. I’d like to share with you a summary of the ministry that was brought to the people at THE COVE.
The two scriptures that provided the foundation for my message were:
1 Cor. 2:4 and my message and my preaching were not in persuasive words of wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and power.
Eph. 3:20 Now to Him who is able to do far more abundantly beyond all that we ask or think, according to the power that works within us.
People are fascinated by the Supernatural. Hollywood even makes movies about it. (But they’re not talking about the same Supernatural that I am.) Supernatural is not explainable by the known forces or laws of nature. SUPER means above, beyond and surpassing. Supernatural is beyond the natural. It is God working in and through you. You are to be a vessel of the Supernatural.
Jesus was all about the Supernatural. He set people FREE everywhere He went by the power of God. He healed all kinds of sickness and disease and cast out demons that caused physical problems. People can be bound emotionally and physically but this is not how He wants you to live out your life. He wants to bring emotional and physical healing to your body. Jesus came to set the captives Free and He’s here to set the captives Free NOW! People were amazed at the power of God that worked and flowed through Jesus. He often just spoke the words of healing and life to those infirmed and they were healed. He is a master at bringing life where there is emotional and spiritual death.
The Lord will calm your inner being with His Peace in the perilous situations that surround your life. He can give you wisdom and discernment in making decisions. Jesus will open your eyes spiritually where there has been spiritual blindness and deadness to a deeper and intimate walk with HIM.
Why Did Jesus Do These Miracles?
- He was aware of the need for hurting people and had compassion for them.
- He saw their Faith or the Faith of their Friends & Family and responded to the needs.
- He came to destroy the works of the devil in people’s lives and set the captives free!
- He proved His Authority over everything: all physical ailments, sin, nature, the devil, unbelief and even death.
- His ultimate intention was for those who received miracles to follow Him.
If you’ve ever experienced the Supernatural in your life, you are never the same. It’s LIFE CHANGING!
If you read the story of Blind Bartimaeus in Mark 10:46-52, you’ll discover a pattern of what it takes for the Supernatural to take place in your own life.
1. Know Who Jesus Really Is. Bartimaeus called Jesus, “Son of David” which meant he knew the Old Testament scriptures and Jesus was the PROMISED Messiah that would deliver his people.
2. Be Persistent. Don’t give up when you do not get the answer or result you think you should be getting or when others try to discourage you.
3. Anticipate and Expect the Supernatural. Bartimaeus threw away his ‘beggar’s cloak.” Jesus WANTS to do the impossible for you. His ‘beggar’s cloak was the connection he had to his problems. Do not “OWN” the problem!
4. Be Specific. Tell God what you need.
5. Have Faith. Faith can move the Heart of God for the Supernatural.
6. Follow Jesus. Don’t forget what He did for you! After Bartimaeus received his miracle, he followed Jesus.
If you desire the Supernatural to be a part of your life and walk with God, you must believe for the reality of miracles to come alive. Always be aware that God has already done miracles in your life and remember those miracles all the days of your life. Share them with others in the proper timing. Know that Jesus wants to do a miracle for you and through you. You can BE A VESSEL OF THE SUPERNATURAL. Remember, the Supernatural should own the vessel. When the Holy Spirit is living right within you there is the power of God within. Do what Jesus did!